Patients on long-term medication can order repeat prescriptions in a number of ways:
- By Hand- drop your computerised repeat slip in at the surgery with the required item(s) clearly marked.
- By Post- send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- Online - please register with Patient Access
We are unable to accept requests for medication over the telephone.
Please allow two full working days between requesting and collecting your medication.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see either a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Over the Counter Medicines
Doctors have been asked not to prescribe medicines for minor aliments like paracetamol or ibuprofen (although patients who need these drugs in regular quantities can continue to to get them on repeat prescription). These medicines can be bought from a pharmacy or supermarket. This includes patients who get FREE prescriptions.
Further information is available at www.buckinghamshireccg.nhs.uk/otc
The patient information leaflet below also provides more information along with a list of minor aliments:
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.